We currently migrate to MediaWiki from our old installation, but not all content has been migrated yet.
Take a look at the Wiki Team page for instructions how to help
or browse through our new wiki at
to find the information already migrated.
If we want to write a book, we must decide on what to put into it:
- What is VServer?
- What's the difference to Virtuozzo, VMWare, XEN?
Installation (generic, not distrib-specific)
- patch the kernel, build, reboot
- prereqs: dietlibc, vconfig
- build utilities, install, install-distribution
Building a vserver
- explain ways to build different distribs in VServer
- tar from an installed machine
Running services inside a vserver
- Where's my localhost ?
- Listen on ONE IP only
- Gimme capabilities !
- /dev entries (/dev/console...) needed !
- Using debug tools to find what is missing for a particular daemon (strace -fF, /proc/sys/vserver/debug_*)
Managing the whole shebang
Combining with other apps