We currently migrate to MediaWiki from our old installation, but not all content has been migrated yet.
Take a look at the Wiki Team page for instructions how to help
or browse through our new wiki at
to find the information already migrated.
Patches are available at [Openwall].
The nice thing of the Openwall security patches are that they apply very cleanly together with the vserver patches. No rediffing or manually applying is necesaary, making them more reliable in my eyes. Since I don't use the ACLs of grsec this works just as fine in my opinion.
I've been using them together for a few months now without any issues.
The procedure is very simple. Before you apply the vserver (ctx) patch, you apply the openwall patch. An example would be like this:
- tar jxf linux-2.4.24.tar.bz2
- cd linux-2.4.24
- cat ../linux-2.4.24-ow1/linux-2.4.24-ow1.diff > patch -p1
- bzcat ../patch-2.4.24-vs1.24.diff.bz2 | patch -p1
- make menuconfig
I enabled all security options:
And this hasn't given me any issues yet. After this, finish off with:
- make dep && make bzImage && make modules && make modules_install
- make-kpg --revision=131 kernel_image
or whatever you like. :)